It is being reported that TUI has announced cancellations of all flights to Florida from the UK and Ireland due to depart up to and including November 30 2020.
The reports state that TUI said: “The decision has been made following new health and safety measures implemented at Walt Disney World to ensure the safety of its guests.”
“These changes would significantly impact the holiday experience for many Tui customers who plan their magical and often once in a lifetime Florida holiday.” Continue reading
Walt Disney World Holiday Resort Packages are expected to go on sale today from 10am (EST). Previously the date announced was 28 June, however this seems to have been brought forward. disneyholidays.co.uk
For anyone looking to book a holiday with Walt Disney World for 2021 will be able to do so from today. We are not sure at this point if this will only be booking through the US site or if bookings will be able to be made through the UK site. Continue reading
As we reported earlier Disney has introduced a new theme park reservation system that will require guests to hold a reservation for the park they wish to visit on a particular day. Below we show a step by step guide as to how this new system will work.
Before we get to the steps it is important to know the following:
- The Park reservation system opens at 12pm BST on 22 June for resort guests, 26 June for Annual Passholders and 28 June for other existing ticket holders.
- Park reservations will be available through 26 September 2021.
- Reservations are limited and subject to availability and are not guaranteed until a reservation is finalised.
- Guests will be able to select one park per day; Park Hopping is temporarily unavailable.
- A park reservation must be made for each day of entry.
- If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit.
- We highly recommend that you make your park reservation as soon as you complete your ticket purchase, as availability can change until the reservation is finalised.
- Disney Park Pass Availability Calendar Click HERE
Forthcoming Theme Park Attractions and New Parks
Listed below are a number of possible upcoming theme park attractions, lands, and new theme parks coming to Florida. Although the list contains all confirmed and strongly-rumoured new attractions, some of the details may still be somewhat vague – especially the opening date. Once the details, including the opening date, become known then the attraction or park will be added to the Theme Park Timeline.
For temporary changes or closures to park attractions please see the separate list of Ride Closures and Future Refurbishments.
Walt Disney World
- HarmonioUS firework show – New nighttime firework show opening sometime in 2020. This replaces the temporary new firework show Epcot Forever.
- Festival pavilion – New three-level pavilion for live events and festivals with a park on the top, possibly opening in 2022.
- Guardians of the Galaxy ride – New indoor rollercoaster at Universe of Energy pavilion replacing Ellen’s Energy Adventure, opening sometime in 2021 (possibly Spring).
- Journey of Water – Walking water-based trail inspired by “Moana”, possibly opening in 2021.
- Mary Poppins attraction – New Mary Poppins attraction and Cherry Tree Lane area, opening sometime in the next few years (2021 or 2022).
- Play Pavilion – New interactive play “city” coming to the old Wonders of Life pavilion in Future World, opening sometime before 2021.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure – New trackless 3D dark ride at the France pavilion, opening in Summer 2020.
- Space 220 – New space-themed restaurant next to Mission: SPACE, opening sometime in 2020.
- Update to Spaceship Earth – Spaceship Earth is to be updated with new narration, new musical score, and new scenes, probably opening in 2022.
- Wondrous China – New film in the China pavilion of World Showcase, opening in 2020.
- New Nighttime Parade – Rumoured new nighttime parade, possibly opening in 2021.
- TRON Lightcycle Run – New rollercoaster coming to Tomorrowland, possibly opening in Summer 2021.
- Changes to Tomorrowland Speedway – Rumoured TRON-themed update to the existing Speedway attraction, possibly opening in 2021.
- Wreck-It Ralph – Rumoured for 2022 to replace Stitch’s Great Escape in Tomorrowland.
- Star Wars: Galactic Star Cruiser Hotel – New Star Wars themed hotel linked to Galaxy’s Edge area in Hollywood Studios, possibly opening in 2021.
Universal Orlando Resort
- Bourne Stuntacular – New indoor stunt show based on the high-energy Bourne franchise, opening in Spring 2020. This replaces Terminator 2 3D.
Islands of Adventure
- Jurassic Park rollercoaster – Rumoured new launched steel rollercoaster themed to Jurassic Park/World, possibly called “Velocicoaster” and possibly opening in Spring 2021.
- Epic Universe – New Universal Orlando theme park, including lands rumoured to be themed to Super Nintendo (Mario and Donkey Kong), Universal Classic Monsters, Dreamworks, Harry Potter, opening sometime in 2023.
- Ice Breaker – New launch rollercoaster opening in Spring 2020
- Riptide Race – Florida’s first duelling water slide, opening sometime in 2020.
Busch Gardens Tampa
- Iron Gwazi – The world’s fastest and steepest wooden-steel hybrid rollercoaster, opening in Spring 2020. This replaces Gwazi.
Please see the Theme Park Timeline for a graphical list of new attractions that have opened since a previous visit.
There are a lot of attractions and rides at the theme parks in Orlando and all of these attractions and rides need regular maintenance or refurbishments (Rehabs). Much of this refurbishment (Rehab) maintenance is performed without affecting the theme park attraction or ride, however there are times when an attraction or ride has to be closed for rehab maintenance for a short period.
There may also be times when an attraction or ride is scheduled to be closed permanently.
Here you will find a list of ride closures and future refurbishment (Rehab) schedules for theme parks in Orlando.
All rehab dates are inclusive. So the attraction or ride is still closed or in rehab on the final date shown and reopens the next day.
This list is updated from the official Disney WDW refurbishment list and is checked and updated daily:
Magic Kingdom Park
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Closed 6th January 2019 ~ TBD
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Closed 13th September 2020 ~ TBD
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
‘Rehab’ refers to the scheduled maintenance, refurbishment or closure of a Ride or Attraction.