Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort which were planned to reopen on 12 August have had their reopening dates pushed back.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is now set to reopen on 4th October 2020 and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is now set to reopen on 1st November 2020.
One of the big considerations when planning a Disney holiday is where do you stay.
There are three basic choices you need to consider, the choices are ‘On-Site’, ‘Off Site’ and Villa. Here we’ll try and look at the pro’s and con’s of each choice.
Before making a choice of accommodation some things you should look at first:
• What is your Budget.
• How many people are going with you.
• Do you want to Drive.
• Will you just be visiting Disney Parks or will you be visiting the wider Orlando area.
• Greater choice of accommodation and standard.
• Accommodation usually lower cost.
• Easier to find accommodation to suit your budget.
• Easier to get last minute accommodation.
• Easier access to restaurants
• Easier access to shopping facilities
• Easier access to non-Disney attractions.
• NOT immersed in Disney Magic 24 hours a day.
• Many hotels offer scheduled shuttle service to the parks.
• Some hotels offer free breakfasts.
• Some hotels may have discount schemes with local attractions or facilities.
• Getting to and from the parks may be more difficult.
• Not so easy to take afternoon breaks from the parks.
• You probably need a hire car
• Quality of the rooms varies.
• Quality of service varies.
• Off-site guests must pay for parking at Disney theme parks if they drive unless they have an Annual Passport.
• Shuttle service is limited at many hotels and may not be available at times to suit you.
• Some hotels share shuttles between a number of hotels making the service very slow or crowded
• Some hotels have an additional charge for using their shuttle service.
• You can’t make purchases in the parks and have them delivered to your room.
• Getting to and from the parks is usually easier.
• Unlimited use of WDW transportation system.
• Free parking at the Disney Themeparks.
• You are in the Disney Magic 24 hrs a day.
• Disney resorts offer wonderful theming.
• Quality of service is excellent.
• Properties are always clean and well-maintained.
• Room-charge privileges throughout WDW.
• Ability to purchase Ultimate Park Hopper Pass.
• Purchases can be delivered to your room.
• Access to WDW’s TV information channels.
• Rooms are more expensive.
• Rooms and in-room facilities are not as good as some off-site hotels.
• Not so easy to get last minute accommodation at the resort of your choice.
• Availability of budget priced rooms is limited.
• Dining is on the whole more expensive.
• Dining choices can be limited.
• Not so easy to reach non-Disney attractions.
• Relying on Disney Transportation can be a hassle.
• Easier for large groups to stay together
• Home comforts
• Usually most villas have a private pool
• Can stock the fridge and cupboards with your own drink and food for breakfasts, evening snacks etc.
• You will need a car
• Can be expensive especially if the number in your party is small
• Traveling time to the attractions may be longer
Find your perfect luxury Florida, Orlando villa with over 100 villa communities and resorts to search through we are sure you’ll find your dream holiday home.
The DIBB has a large community of Orlando and Gulf coast villa owners that are passionate about their villas, many of them you’ll find on our discussion forums interacting with guests, offering tips and advise.
Please use the links below to help you find your next luxury Florida villa. The DIBB checks each advertiser is the owner of the villa they are advertising so that you know you are dealing with a real person who owns the villa and not some agency that has no personal investment in the villa.
Get the best by dealing direct with the villa owner and see the exact villa you are booking not an allocated on arrival
- Villa Search
Use this link to search for your perfect villa, you can narrow your search such as number of bedrooms, private pool, location, etc.
- Villa Requests
Use this link to make a post in the forums for owners to get back to you with availability, quotes, etc.
- Villa Offers
This links takes you to the special offers page where Villa owners advertise any last minute or special offers they have on available weeks.
- Villa Location Map
This interactive map shows where all the villas advertised on this site are located along with the communities they are on. You can even get directions from a villa you are interested in to show exactly how far it is from each of the theme parks or other attractions.
- Advertise your Villa
Are you a villa owner and wish to advertise your villa on the DIBB then click this link for details.