Florida’s biggest Christian music festival, Rock the Universe at Universal Orlando Resort, is back for its 25th year January 27-29. The rocking weekend kicks off Friday night with performances by GRAMMY-nominated rock band, Skillet, Northern Irish folk-rock worship band, Rend Collective, Dove award-winning band, Bethel Music and more. The festival continues Saturday night with performances by GRAMMY award-winning singer, Zach Williams, Billboard’s #1 Hot Christian Song artist, Matthew West and more. For the full weekend lineup, visit www.RocktheUniverse.com.
Beyond the main stage performances, Rock the Universe attendees can rejoice in worship experiences throughout the weekend – including a powerful Sunday morning service to wrap up the faith-filled weekend. Fans can keep the music flowing in the dedicated FanZone presented by Coca-Cola, featuring live performances from up-and-coming acts like DJ Promote, and autograph sessions with participating musical acts.
Tickets to Rock the Universe also include access to Universal Studios Florida’s most thrilling attractions during the event. Fans can take a break from the music and experience rides like Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon, Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem and Revenge of the Mummy.
Event Tickets and Group Vacation Packages are Now on Sale!
To purchase Rock the Universe tickets and vacation packages, visit www.RocktheUniverse.com.
The Staffordshire theme park, Alton Towers, has announced that it is closing Nemesis rollercoaster on 6th November 2022.
A sign in the park states that Nemesis will be closing due to the beast’s ‘abnormal behaviour’. At first fans have been quick to take to social media fearing the end of a classic thrill coaster at the park, however they soon realised that this isn’t a permanent closure.
Nemesis which cost £10m and was Europes first inverted rollercoaster is expected to reopen in 2024 after an exciting revamp. Visitors have just a few weeks for a last chance to enjoy the loops and corkscrews in its current guise before it closes.
image © Alton Towers
SeaWorld Orlando is excited to celebrate Halloween with families and children of all ages once again at this year’s Spooktacular. Kids will love collecting ghoulish goodies as they explore SeaWorld Orlando’s fun-filled trick-or-treating trail and meet colorful characters along the way. The days will also be full of other immersive and family-friendly activities to get the whole family into the Halloween spirit.
This daytime event takes place every Saturday and Sunday starting September 17 and extends to Friday through Sunday from October 7 through the day of Halloween. SeaWorld Orlando’s Spooktacular is included with park admission.
Trick-or-Treating Around SeaWorld Orlando
The highlight of Spooktacular at SeaWorld Orlando is back! Children are encouraged to dress up in Halloween costumes and trick-or-treat for candy and snacks in the park. Each candy station along SeaWorld Orlando’s trick-or-treat trail features an assortment of sweet and salty favorites. A SeaWorld trick-or-treat bag is required to participate. SeaWorld Orlando will have an assortment of reusable bags available for purchase at the entrance of the Trick-or-Treat Trail.
Costumed guests can also enter a costume contest taking place in the Journey to Atlantis Plaza for the chance to win a special prize. The costume contest only takes place on Fridays during SeaWorld Orlando’s Spooktacular.
For many years Brits have had the convenience of being able to hop on a train that would take them from London directly to Disneyland Paris, however from next year this route will cease to operate.
Eurostar, which operates high-speed railway between the UK and France will close the direct route from London to Disneyland Paris from 5 June 2023.
Whilst travel demand is improving this year for the company, it is still in recovery mode after the losses incurred during the pandemic.
The London to Disneyland Paris connection has been running since 1996
Holiday joy will unfold at Magic Kingdom as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns this year! On 24 select nights, Nov. 8 – Dec. 22, 2022, this separately ticketed event will invite guests to Magic Kingdom for an evening of merriment.
- Join Mickey and his pals at the Cinderella Castle stage for the ultimate must-watch Christmas extravaganza – “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.” The show features nostalgic and modern medleys of holiday music paired with dance performances.
- Minnie Mouse orchestrates a sparkling spectacle over Magic Kingdom as a part of “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks.” Full of holiday magic, the show includes dazzling castle projections, fireworks and seasonal songs.
- With his famous flying reindeer leading the way, Santa Claus will join Mickey Mouse and friends in the must-see “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” as it makes its way through the park.
- Speaking of Santa Claus, he isn’t the only one who likes cookies during the holidays. Partygoers can indulge in complimentary cookies and hot cocoa at locations throughout Magic Kingdom.
- Magic Kingdom attractions will get a special dose of yuletide cheer. Holiday magic will once again transform the Jungle Cruise into the Jingle Cruise. And, as an exclusive treat for event attendees, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and Mad Tea Party will all receive a special holiday makeover.
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café becomes the coolest place to get down when denizens of the North Pole drop by for an intergalactic dance party!
- Also at Magic Kingdom, dance the night away alongside favorite Disney characters during an out-of-this-world holiday show, “A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas” on the Rockettower Plaza Stage.
- The fun continues for young partygoers and Disney Junior fans of all ages at Storybook Circus during the “Disney Junior Jingle Jam” as Disney Junior characters take part in a fun-filled dance celebration.
- NEW! In honor of the 50th Anniversary celebration, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party attendees will discover three jolly new photo opportunities. Guests will also receive a special 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake, themed for the holidays.
Tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are limited and may be purchased online beginning July 7, 2022. Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can begin purchasing tickets as early as June 30, 2022. Ticket prices will range from $149 – $199 per person. Event dates are:
- November: 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 22, 27, 29
- December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22